Restore Option not Available after Upload

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Restore Option not Available after Upload

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anne
    Participant

Hello:
    I have used the ‘Upload Backup Files’ function to import a backup. There are 5 files, and they are all listed under the ‘Drop backup files here’ box. However, there is no ‘restore’ button as shown in your instructions here: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/
    Am I missing a step?
    Thanks.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Anne,

Could you try clicking the ‘rescan local storage’ link in the Existing Backups tab? This should cause the backup set to appear in the list of Existing Backups, with the ‘Restore’ button.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Anne
    Participant

I did that, but it didn’t add an additional backup set, so I did the restore from the cloud, which worked. The files I uploaded were the same as the files in the cloud – I just wanted to avoid download issues during restore. Would importing files with the same names as an existing backup (on the cloud) cause the new backup to not be installed?
    Thanks.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Anne,

If UpdraftPlus was already connected to the backup set in the cloud, Uploading the same backup set would not create a new backup entry. UpdraftPlus first looks for the backup files in the local backup directory, then attempts to download them from remote storage if they cannot be found.

In this case, the uploaded files were bundled in with the existing record of the backup, and used when you restored.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Restore Option not Available after Upload’ is closed to new replies.