restore panel a bit unclear

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vittorio
    Participant

Afaik the restore panel is a three page wizard.

How do I restore my site with UpdraftPlus?

To me it is very hard to understand at what stage of the process I am just glancing at the modal.
    There is no indication in the title, and the buttons say “restore” not “next” and “finish”.
    Morever after the second “restore” (hence in the third page) it is reccomended not to stop o reload the page, but then why the buttons “restore” and “cancel” are still present and cliccable?
    So many times it happend to me that I was thinking I was waiting for a restoration, but instead it UD that was waiting for me :)

I would add a title with a numeral (“UpdraftPlus – Restore backup 1/3” etc), more eloquent button label (like “Analyze selected packges” and “Execute restoration”) and disabling of buttons at the third page.

I’m posting it here because I think it’s a weakness in the UI, not a new feature.
    Thank you

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Vittorio,

The flow is changing slightly in the next release, and I believe at this point ” it is reccomended not to stop o reload the page” the “Restore” button is *not* clickable (it’s disabled in the DOM) – is that not your experience?

David

Vittorio
    Participant

>the “Restore” button is *not* clickable (it’s disabled in the DOM) – is that not your experience?
    Not exactly. Although I did not specific tests I’m fairly sure that the event listener is detached, so clicking it has no effect, but the button does not change appeareance and is still clickable (pointy hand cursor).

I found an identical request in the feature requests forum btw, so I don’t think I’m seeing double :)
    Thank you David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘restore panel a bit unclear’ is closed to new replies.