Restore single site on multisite overrides images

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Restore single site on multisite overrides images

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Landing Jobs
    Participant

Hello,

I have a multisite network running site_1. I now want to move a site_2 running on a server to the multisite network running on another server, so I did a restore of the database on the multisite and it worked correctly, a new site_2 was created. However, if I restore the uploads file of the single site on the multisite all images from site_1 disappeared. How can I make sure that the restore of themes, plugins and uploads will be migrated to site_2 instead of overriding the site_1’s content. Notice that I have a backup file for each of the mentioned resources db, themes, plugins and uploads and I’ve only restored the db correctly.

All the best,
    António G

Landing Jobs
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi António,

“move a site_2 running on a server to the multisite network running on another server”
    > To confirm, you are moving a sub-site to a different multisite? If so, I’m afraid this is not possible. UpdraftPlus can only restore a sub-site wihtin the same network.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Landing Jobs
    Participant

Thanks Bryle. No, I’m moving a single site to a multisite network, like it is described here https://updraftplus.com/information-on-importing-a-single-site-wordpress-backup-into-a-wordpress-network-i-e-multisite/

Bryle Crodua

Hi Antonio,

As per the guide:

Plugin and theme files:
    these are shared. As such, there can only be one version of any specific plugin or theme, on a WordPress Network. If your backup set contains a plugin/theme that is already installed on the WordPress Network, then UpdraftPlus will ignore the one in the backup set – i.e. it will always retain the installed version. As such, you will want to check that resources on the site you are importing are compatible with the versions already installed on your network, if and when dependencies exist. Any themes that you import will be network-activated (i.e. made available to all sites).

You may need to manually install or migrate some of the files from your standalone site to Multisite.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Restore single site on multisite overrides images’ is closed to new replies.