Restore won't complete

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Philip
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been trying to restore for 3 days. I have host gator. The restore doesn’t say it ever finishes on the progress page, and I am missing about 10% of my documents, including pictures, on my website now.

Checking the log at the bottom it says restore is complete. Log is here https://pastebin.com/bCwmnspn

However, when I look at backup from 2-20, there are 6 uploads.zip files, not 5. The log only gets up to …uploads5.zip, then says finishes, and doesn’t show progress for …uploads6.zip, this may be the issue?

Please help, I need urgent restoration of my site.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

The log you’ve linked is a backup log … please can you link the restore log for the problematic restore operation?

Many thanks,
    David

Philip
    Participant

Yes, here it is getting stuck on file again. I have deleted 8gb from my server in case it was a space issue, and the issue persists.

https://pastebin.com/XFPyeNM3

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Philip,

The restoration process appears to be timed-out or killed off when unpacking the -uploads5 backup. This backup file is rather large, and it appears that the server is not able to provide enough resources to allow the file to be processed.

I would recommend asking your hosts/server admin if they can raise the memory limit of the site (to something like 512Mb).

If not, then you can use the backup file to restore manually. To do this, download the backup, and unzip it. You can then use FTP to upload the files to the ‘wp-content/uploads’ directory on your site.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Philip
    Participant

Ok, but I don’t think that should be necessary. I spent three days trying to restore the file, and my account got sent into emergency mode with hostgator because my processor usage went too high, because I was trying to start another backup probably before the previous one finished.

I think you should program your backup tool to make smaller files, so that this doesn’t happen.

I ended up doing a manual restore before you replied.

udadmin
    Keymaster

I think you should program your backup tool to make smaller files, so that this doesn’t happen.

There’s a setting for that – in the “expert” section at the bottom of the ‘Settings’ tab.

David

Philip
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. I have changed it to 200mb, since hostgator are control freaks. I have unlimited bandwidth and storage supposedly but they’ve been problematic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Restore won't complete’ is closed to new replies.