restoring backup after migration failed

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin restoring backup after migration failed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sherif
    Participant

I first attempted a migration to a new server, new site, new URL to no avail. I then resorted to copying the 5 backup files to the new WP install. After all files were accounted for in the new WP install I then attempted to run the restore to no avail. I have the log file from the link at the top of the ‘UpdraftPlus Restoration: Progress’ restore page and will create link to it below since I don’t see a way to upload on the forum form.

Please advise how I can get your software to work since if I can’t restore from it the backups are no good either. If there is any other info needed please let me know.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2311671/ifttt-updraft-log.php

Regards
    Sherif

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

The error in the log indicates that the MySQL (database) server crashes when UpdraftPlus tries to restore the database.

You will need to ask your hosts/server admin to investigate why the MySQL server crashes. One common cause is that the ‘max_packet_size’ setting needs to be increased.

Best Wishes,
    David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘restoring backup after migration failed’ is closed to new replies.