Running first backup , Unexpected Error Security Check

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Running first backup , Unexpected Error Security Check

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

As soon as I press Backup Now, I get this message. I’m trying to backup to Google Drive which has been authorised although using a different account to the site admin.

Peter
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Peter
    Participant

Changing the admin email address to that of the gmail account associated with the google drive allows the backup to run.

This leads to a problem I’m going to come up against more and more. Who does the site and associated backups belong to, my client, or me the developer? Contract law says my client, so I want to associate the backups to their google drive, not mine, but your software seems to be passing the admin email address rather than the one authorised during the setup process.

Regards
    Pete

Bryle Crodua

Hi Pete,

It is possible that you are logged on your Google Drive at time of setup so it automatically

Please delete the current setup, login to your client’s Google Drive, setup UpraftPlus Google and UpdraftPlus will automatically recognise the current Google Drive account that you are logged in.

Regards,
    Bryle

Peter
    Participant

Thanks, but this sounds contrary to what is happening. I authorised the client’s google drive login to Updraft. I then tried the backup using my admin account which is different, when I changed the admin email address to that of the client, it resolved the problem.
    How can I use the client’s google drive but keep the admin login to my email address?

Regards
    Pete

Bryle Crodua

Hi Pete,

“How can I use the client’s google drive but keep the admin login to my email address?”
    > The email address should not affect the Google Drive settings in UpdraftPlus as it is different. The site admin may only be receiving the backup report but this can be changed as well in the “Settings” tab of UpdraftPlus.

Regards,
    Bryle

Peter
    Participant

I did this, logged out of my google account, then logged back in with the client details, deleted the google drive backup option, saved the settings then re-applied the google drive option.

Changed the admin email address to my email address, then when the backup ran I got the same error.

Am I not deleting the settings as you suggested? Not sure I see an option for that.

Regards
    Pete

Bryle Crodua

Hi Peter,

To help me check on the issue further. Can you please send me a screenshot of the error you are getting? You cannot attach screenshots here so please online tool like prnt.sc/ and post the link here.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Peter
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Peter,

Thank you! In most cases it means that the login session has expired. To fix that just simply logout and login again on the website. Can you try that? If the same issue, try using a different browser or use incognito mode and see if it helps.

Regards,
    Bryle

Peter
    Participant

This seems contrary to what is happening, I get the message immediately I click backup, so not timed out at all.

Today I tried something different on a new domain.
    I logged out of Google
    Started an Incognito session and created a new google account for another client
    Logged in to the web site, changed the wp-admin-options.php admin email address to that of the new account
    Removed the setting for the google drive in Updraft
    Logged out of the site then back in
    Updated the setting to use google drive again, I got no authorisation notice
    Ran the backup and it went to the old location.

So these details are definitely being stores somewhere else and it’s not easy to change them.

Regards
    Pete

Peter
    Participant

This is getting really important, trying on several domains, I still have the same problem.
    If I have to, how do I delete the settings and ensure nothing is being left behind as a default?

Regards
    Pete

Bryle Crodua

Hi Pete,

We have a complete guide on how to delete everything here – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/does-updraftplus-delete-all-its-settings-when-it-is-de-installed/

If you still experience the same issue after that, would you be able to provide us access to your site so we can check first hand?

Thanks,
    Bryle

Peter
    Participant

OK, that worked.

Thanks for all your help
    Regards
    Pete

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Running first backup , Unexpected Error Security Check’ is closed to new replies.