Site key doesn't work

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    delightgrafik
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve created a blank WP-site, activated the updraft plugin and created a site key. But when I log into the site I wand to send to the new one and enter this site key it says, that it’s not the key of another site, but the key of THIS site I want to send from.

I’m using changes to the hosts file of my pc to jump between the sites/webspaces, may this cause a problem with the site key?

Thanks,
    Matthias

udadmin
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s the problem. Changes in your hosts files are over-riding the DNS on your PC; but it’s not going to change your website’s view of DNS lookups, since the website isn’t running on your PC. You should instead use a different method for sending the backup; please see the guide here: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/

delightgrafik
    Participant

Ok, thank you! The thing is that I already tried to do a backup with migrator, but I’m getting zip-errors and the size of the Uploads-Zip is different everytime. It looks like the backup is incomplete. The site I’m trying to clone runs on an old php version (5.6), may this cause the problem with updraft?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please can you send us a copy of the backup log?

Regards,
    Bryle

delightgrafik
    Participant

Hi, here’s the copy of my latest backup-attempt:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qp9ktp6ui4gynp/log.a29c194eed90.txt?dl=0

Thanks!

delightgrafik
    Participant

Just a thought: If the backup of the “uploads”-zip doesn’t work with updraft plus, can I just download the uploads folder via ftp, zip it myself and provide it this way for the migration?

Thanks!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Yes, you can do that. That is just exactly what UpdraftPlus will do – extract the zip files inside the “wp-content” folder.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Site key doesn't work’ is closed to new replies.