Six hour backup hurting workflow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Karin
    Participant

My site’s UpdraftPlus backup is taking six hours to complete. It completes okay, but during those six hours it takes so long to even load the WordPress login page that I effectively can’t make any updates to the site until the backup is complete.

Before I updated my site and switched to my current host, the Updraft backup used to only take 15-30 minutes. My new web host has a Litespeed server and I’ve added the noabort code to make sure it doesn’t stop early. But as I mentioned above, the backup finishes okay. It just takes an inordinately long time to complete the backup.

Is there some way to get the backup to complete faster? The backup is occurring during prime business hours and being locked out for six hours each day is having a negative impact on my workflow.

Thanks!

Vanessa

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the latest backup log? This can be found in the Existing Backups tab.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Karin
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

From the log, it appears that the disk read/write speed for the site is very low.

I would recommend asking your hosts/server admin to check the read/write speed (disk I/O), and increase it if possible.

I would also recommend reducing the ‘Split archives every’ option (in the UpdraftPlus expert settings) to 200MB.
    This will split the backup into smaller, more easily processed files.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Six hour backup hurting workflow’ is closed to new replies.