Strange error showing on updating plugin

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Strange error showing on updating plugin

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Hi there,

Strange warning when updating Updraft Plus (folder substitute: ‘folder name hidden’):

Warning: mysqli_query(): MySQL server has gone away in /homepages/11/d503734590/htdocs/folder name hidden/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1877

Any clue what this is – an error on your side I think as it shows up on different servers, with different setups.

Regards
    Steve

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

It means basically what it says – the MySQL server cut the connection. My guess is that your hosting company has configured it with some sort of low timeout, and then also limits disk I/O per second severely so that unzipping and copying the new plugin update then takes more seconds than that limit. To find out the details, you’d need to ask them what their limits are.

David

Roy Weil
    Participant

I also got this error. It is either a space limit or file count limit.
    I am using a hosting provider that has a quota on space and on the number of file (1and1).
    I know that both were close to the limit.

When I got the error I removed some big files, and deleted an obsolete WordPress site. Thus fixing both issues.

I was them able to do the update.

Steve
    Participant

Thank you guys – good info. I am indeed on 1and1 also, and my quota is near the top.

I was updating about 15 sites at once – guess that took a little too much room!

Steve :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Strange error showing on updating plugin’ is closed to new replies.