Subsite Urls Not Updating Automatically for Migration

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Subsite Urls Not Updating Automatically for Migration

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Tanner
    Participant

Hello,
    We recently purchased the plugin to make creating a local testing site much more feasible.
    The previous site was <domain>.com, and I’ve setup my local one to use <domain>.local. I tried using the backup to migrate the site to my local, but when I tried to go to the subsites, they didn’t work. Upon looking at the sites page (https://<domain&gt;.local/wp-admin/network/sites.php), I noticed that the urls for all the subsites were set to the server urls. Updating these by hand seemed to fix the issue. However, having to manually update all of the several subsites we have every time changes are pushed to the server seems rather tedious and opens up more room for mistakes on the server. This seems a bit counterintuitive, as the local site is supposed to be mitigating any risk of having errors on the server, .

Is there a way to fix this so that subsite urls are properly updated when moving a site over?

Thanks!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

UpdraftPlus has search and replace database tool that can be used to update links if they were not updated in the migration or for some other purposes. To do this:

– Go to the Advanced Tools tab in the UpdraftPlus dashboard
    – Find the Search/Replace Database tool
    – In ‘Search for’, enter the original/old site URL
    – In ‘Replace with’, enter the new site URL
    – Click ‘Go’

PLEASE NOTE, this performs a full search and replace operation on the database, and is not reversible. Please take extreme care when inputting the URLs.

After clicking Go, every instance of the old URL will be replaced by the new.

If this does not work, then it is likely that the URLs are either encoded in the database, or manually set in the theme files. In which case, you will need to update these links manually.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Subsite Urls Not Updating Automatically for Migration’ is closed to new replies.