The backup is being aborted for a repeated failure to progress.

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin The backup is being aborted for a repeated failure to progress.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    zharley.dude
    Participant

After replacing/updating the backup.php file, closing & reloading & running
    backup, still can’t complete a backup.

How do I roll back to the previous version that was working fine.

zharley.dude
    Participant

It failed again with the new backup.php

Bryle Crodua

Hi @All,

Can you try to replace the backup.php (wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/backup.php) with the file attached? Then run a new backup and see if this fixes the issue?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1atbbxnFNVUfMtWUhpxWmAf0PklUZZnhk/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,
    Bryle

Bob
    Participant

With this file, the backup completes successfully, but all uploads.zip files except the last one are way too small and are corrupt/unreadable. (I’ve already reported this in the case I have open.)

Thanks.

Bob

aporter

Hi Bob,

Please could you send your latest backup log where the upload zips are corrupt?

Best Wishes,

Ashley

aporter

Hi @All

Thank you for your patience.

Can you replace the backup.php (wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/backup.php) with the file attached below:

https://we.tl/t-jq9f481E5n

This should resolve all your issues.

If you do continue to have issues please send the latest backup log so I can investigate.

Best Wishes,

Ashley

Bob
    Participant

The backup.php file at https://we.tl/t-jq9f481E5n DOES appear to fix the problems I was experiencing.

Thanks.

Bob

zharley.dude
    Participant

Asking host to check PHP time limits incase that is the cause. Noticed only a problem
    on one acct & site, & it completes backup if I eliminate ‘Uploads’, where it gets stuck, & for now
    will use ftp to backup Uploads.

dave126
    Participant

We have just started seeing this issue on a site where the backups have been running fine for years. The version is the one specified in this thread. I have tried all of these backup.php files, and the same error occurs regardless of which one I try. How can I submit the log file?

Bob
    Participant

When is this issue going to be resolved? It’s now been THREE WEEKS since the bad update was released, and yet it’s still out there. For every person posting here, there are likely tens of thousands who are ending up with corrupt/incomplete backups and don’t know it. At this point UpdraftPlus should at least publicly acknowledge the problem and revert the update until a stable, well-tested new one is ready.

zharley.dude
    Participant

Using 25MB size, ended up with 916 Uploads files, however,
    many are unreadable empty files (see link).

zharley.dude
    Participant

This is my response from my host:

From the case history and the response, I could understand there were issues with the UpdraftPlus plugin. I could understand that the files are saved as corrupted or blank. I have checked on the server error and the following is the recent error log public_html/error_log:
    [20-Oct-2021 09:47:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 55050240) (tried to allocate 1082712888 bytes) in /home2/saumcvbo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/backup.php on line 4249

I have reviewed the PHP limits and it has already been set on the higher limit for the shared hosting platform. It is advisable to check the error with the plugin vendor to confirm the PHP version and PHP limits required for the functionality of the plugin. If any changes are required on the server end, please do directly reply to this email so we can assist you
    —end of message from JustHost.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘The backup is being aborted for a repeated failure to progress.’ is closed to new replies.