Troubleshoot Backup Issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Danna
    Participant

Hello UpdraftPlus,
    I’ve trolled through a lot of community support tickets, and while I see my issue, I don’t see a solution.

Since the switch of web host providers I have not been able to complete a backup. I was seeing “resumption interval” issues, so I changed the “Split archives” from 400 MB to 50 MB.

This still triggers errors in cPanel, both Physical Memory Usage (which flys past 512MB pretty fast), as well as I/O Usage (screenshot in drop box).

I’ve put the log file in dropbox, as well as a cpanel screenshot and the Updraft Plus Site Information, which are here –
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eoz63v5pjpr8d61/AABhJJh_698MTujGMArTgPGva?dl=0

Hoping you can help troubleshoot or point me in the right direction.
    Thanks!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thanks for sending us the log.

Can you try to reduce the split archive size to 25Mb? Do you still get the same issue?

Regards,
    Bryle

Danna
    Participant

Bryle,
    I changed the split archive size to 25Mb, and the backup did complete successfully. However, in cpanel it blows the I/O usage, Physical Memory Usage, and CPU usage to 100% at various times throughout the backup.

I’ve upload 2 new files to the dropbox: log.73d5b2902468-25MG-split-2-17 log and the 2-17 usage screenshot.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eoz63v5pjpr8d61/AABhJJh_698MTujGMArTgPGva?dl=0

Q1: Shouldn’t I be concerned with the server resource usage? Should I ask the web host provider for any changes?

Q2: Would it be helpful to break up the backup into sections? One run for the /Uploads folder and a different one for everything else?

Many thanks,
    Danna

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Great! Glad it successfully completes at 25Mb.

Q1: UpdraftPlus has been designed to dependent on your server resources to run the backup. We recommend you to run the backup when website activity is low.

Q2: You could only run separate backups for the database and files. Alternatively, you can use the incremental backup feature to keep the resource usage low.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Troubleshoot Backup Issues’ is closed to new replies.