Trying to Restore Through Download

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Trying to Restore Through Download

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Dee Nutbourne.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hello:

I’ve paid for UpdraftPlus through 2022 and I backup to Dropbox every day. All my existing backups show the little Dropbox icon. I want to restore a backup but I’m getting time out errors. So, I thought I’d download the backup files from Dropbox and upload them directly into UpdraftPlus. I downloaded a backup and rescanned my local folder (and the files show in my ftp updraft folder) but, now, I’m confused with the various names and I don’t know which backup is the one I uploaded to UpdraftPlus.

Shouldn’t the one I manually uploaded not have a Dropbox icon associated with it? Since they have the same names “Apr 08, 2019 0:05” how do I know which one is which?

And, I’m confused with the “latest increment” designation. I just want to be able to choose a backup and restore my site. It seems to have gotten much more difficult as of late.

Any answers or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

hmane

HI Peter,

The backup set consists of a number of .zip and .gz files. These will all be identified by the same timestamp, site name and random character string. The naming scheme is as follows:

backup___

.[zip/gz]

e.g.:
    backup_2018-11-19-1839_WordPress_d59089f8ad80-plugins.zip
    backup_2018-11-19-1839_WordPress_d59089f8ad80-themes.zip
    backup_2018-11-19-1839_WordPress_d59089f8ad80-uploads.zip
    backup_2018-11-19-1839_WordPress_d59089f8ad80-db.gz

The exact number of file varies on the size of the site.

You can identify the backup set checking the recent date and sitename to which site it belongs to (In case if you have backup of multiple sites to your Dropbox account).

Let us know if you have any issues restoring the backup.

Thanks,
    Harshad

Peter
    Participant

Hello Harshad:

Thanks for your reply.

All of my backups look the same (with the date, time, and Dropbox icon) even after I have added a backup to my local ftp directory, and rescanned local folder for new backup sets.

Shouldn’t the local backup files appear in the list so I could choose them and then restore without a timeout error?

Peter

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Peter,

If the backup set was ever sent to Dropbox then the backup record will display the Dropbox icon, even if the backup files were manually re-uploaded to the server.

The easiest way to find the backup set you wish to restore is to compare the date/time in the backup records with the datetime in the backup filename.
    Each backup file’s name is structure like so:

backup_2019-01-17-1223_Wordpress_ea206865dc32-others.zip
    backup_<Year>-<MM>-<DD>-<TIME>_<Site Name>_<Random>-<Section>.zip

I will pass on a suggestion to our developers to look into adding an indication if local copies of the backup are available.

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Trying to Restore Through Download’ is closed to new replies.