Unable to connect to SFTP on Synology NAS

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Unable to connect to SFTP on Synology NAS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    paul.b
    Participant

I’m trying to send backups via sftp to a Synology NAS. I’ve opened a custom port on the router to a custom port on the NAS and that port is defined in File Services > FTP > SFTP > Port Number.

The user name and credentials are correct in Updraft as is the port and server name.

When I test the connection in Updraft it errors out with

SFTP settings test result: Failed: SSH 2 login failed
    * PHP event: code E_USER_NOTICE: Cannot connect to https//xxxxxxxxxxx,dsmynas.org:5023. Error 32721. Unable to find the socket transport “https” – did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? (line 1201, wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/vendor /phpseclib/phpseclib/phpseclib/Net/SSH2.php)
    OK

I’d be grateful for some clarification please. I don’t recall having to configure php for Updraft?

paul.b
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please could you check if you have the SFTP for PHP extension configured?

If yes, it could be a firewall issue, please check with your hosting support if they allow outgoing SFTP connections.

Regards,
    Bryle

paul.b
    Participant

Thanks Bryle

I’m having a senior moment

My account is connected and I see the All Addons box visible but it’s been a couple of years since since I’ve been into this section and I can’t see all the individual extensions listed as I used to (I think!)

So where do I configure the extension please?

Bryle Crodua

Hi Paul,

The last digit in a 4-part version number is the number of installed add-ons. If you have 2.16.61.0, that means you have 0 add-on/s installed.

The most common values are:

.0 – No add-ons installed
    .1 – A single add-on installed
    .25 – All add-ons installed (Full Premium)

To activate the add-ons, this is done by entering your username and password in the “Premium/Extensions” tab.
    After that you should see an update link from UpdraftPlus. Click on the link to update and it will install the add-ons.
    The final version should be 2.16.61.25.

I’m not yet senior but I get that moments too! :D

Thanks,
    Bryle

paul.b
    Participant

Screenshot

So, what next, please? I am definitely missing something here!! :)

Paul

Bryle Crodua

Hi Paul,

You can ignore that message. You are all sent based on the screenshot and plugin version.

Thanks,
    Bryle

paul.b
    Participant

My host says there’s no issue with sftp from the server so that means it’s Updraft or the target server. But that error message talked about an error in configuring Updraft. Why is it generating that message please?

Bryle Crodua

Hi Paul,

I just want to clarify, are you still getting this error message?
    * PHP event: code E_USER_NOTICE: Cannot connect to https//xxxxxxxxxxx,dsmynas.org:5023. Error 32721. Unable to find the socket transport “https” – did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? (line 1201, wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/vendor /phpseclib/phpseclib/phpseclib/Net/SSH2.php)

Regards,
    Bryle

paul.b
    Participant

Yes

Udo Neumann
    Participant

Paul, I used it without issues on my Synology without issues

I used the Synology hostname xxxx.sysnology.me on port 22 and created an RSA fingerprint – worked like a charme

paul.b
    Participant

Hi Udo

That’s good to hear. I’m not using the default port – I rarely do – but please could you tell me more about the RSA fingerprint

paul.b
    Participant

Udo. If you’re on port 22 that’s ftp not sftp, right? My hosting company doesn’t allow external connection over ftp

paul.b
    Participant

Hi Bryle

Any futher news for me please?

paul.b
    Participant

Hi Bryle

I’m becoming desperate for a solutiom. I’m having to manually transfer files st the moment.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to connect to SFTP on Synology NAS’ is closed to new replies.