Update not migrating all data as it did before

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Update not migrating all data as it did before

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Robert Cohen
    Participant

Hello. After the update to Version 2.16.30.24 the plugin no longer migrates data from a plugin called revolution slider though it previously did.

I am migrating from Local by Flywheel local development to a hosted server.

I am not really certain what to give you to show the difference.

I can send files on request. I only rotate 2 files so I hope the one marked “works” is old enough to show a difference. :-/

Robert Cohen
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Robert,

Do you have a copy of the previous version and see if you get a different result?
    If yes, can you please send us a copy of the migration log for both site migrations?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file and copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Robert Cohen
    Participant

Unfortunately, I don’t have a previous version of the plugin. Where can I download older versions?

Rachel RICHARD
    Participant

Hello,

Glad to read that post.

After fighting a full day with my dev environment, I finally considered the impossible: Updraft did not do its job as it used to!

Few days before 2.16.30, I migrated my prod site to my dev site to work on some evolutions and everything went OK. Then I upgraded the prod site.
    Updraft got updated to 2.16.30. Now I want to migrate again from prod to dev and work on others evolutions. But I got errors. Minor ones at first, as I choose to overwrite db. As things went wrong, I decided to redeploy my dev from scratch. And this is how I discovered there was a real problem. The process failed many times so I started to think it was my dev environment that was faulty, but finaly I decovered that, not matter what I did, some lines where always missing in my db, making some plugins behave badly or some pages being incomplete…
    I check the backup and found that it as the culprit. A line not backed-up can’t be restored!

I checked the backup log and it was there: number of rows added was less than expected rows…
    Mainly first rows in fact.

As I backup my site (and dev), I reverted to 2.16.29 and I’m currently migrating my prod to my dev. And in the same time I’m making a (proper) backup of my prod site. So far so good.
    I’ll let you know how things go. And I’ll start by comparing the logs, of course!

Rachel RICHARD
    Participant

Reverting to 2.16.29 on prod did it for me.
    I created a brad new full backup with 2.16.29 and migrated it to my dev environment with 2.16.29.
    And as everything is OK, I’m currently working on my site evolutions…

So happy I discovered that before a site crash/hack…

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

We believe that we have identified the cause of the issue and have released a fix.
    Please could you update to version 2.16.31?

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Update not migrating all data as it did before’ is closed to new replies.