Updraft Plus by CLI

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Patrick H
    Participant

Hello,

How do I activate the Plus plugin and the WP CLI commands by only using command prompt? It seems the WP cli is only available after connecting the site from the /wp-admin/.

The free version seems, however, to support CLI directly, but I’m guessing I don’t get all features if I switch to free version (instead of the Enterprise) I already paid for.

Did I miss anything in the documentation?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

I’m afraid that it is not currently possible to install the premium version of the plugin via WP-CLI.

The free version of the plugin can be installed from the WordPress directory using the inbuilt wp install command.

However, to use the specific UpdraftPlus CLI commands, the premium version or WP-CLI add-on needs to be installed manually via WP Admin.
    I can make a note for our developer regarding this.

Alternatively, after installing the full premium version of the plugin via WP Admin, you can take a copy of the plugin’s directory (wp-content/updraft). This can then be used in your automation.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

info4329
    Participant

Hey Bryle,

I also would be interested in this. Please provide a download link for the latest version with an access token/key. I tried to directly download via url https://updraftplus.com/?download_file=321253&order=wc_order_rPKhouO29ayTj&email=[EMAIL]&key=[KEY] but it requires registration via wp-login first.
    I’m using UpdraftPlus for every site and to spin up staging environments and it’s really annoying to always download and install the latest version manually.

Cheers,
    Dennis

Bryle Crodua

Hi Dennis,

Make sure that the plugin is connected to our license server so it will automatically receive updates when there are new releases.
    To connect the plugin, go to UpdraftPlus “Premium/Extensions” tab, enter your username and password then connect.
    Follow any update links from UpdraftPlus to complete the install process.

By doing this you won’t have to download the plugin every time to update.

Regards,
    Bryle

info4329
    Participant

Hey Bryle,

I connect the plugins with your server. That’s not the issue. Sorry I thought Patrick had the same request as me, but he meant Updrafts WP CLI functionality.

What I am looking for is a possibility for downloading the latest updraft version from your server programatically (e.g. with WP CLI). This is for automation purposes. Not for updating routines with live websites.

Regars,
    Dennis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Updraft Plus by CLI’ is closed to new replies.