UpdraftPlus Premium Migration Problem

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin UpdraftPlus Premium Migration Problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mark Wiard
    Participant

Hi, I just did a migration from one host to another using the direct backup method going from one site directly to another.
    Not all of the images came over (some did). I confirmed through FTP that the images that are missing are physically missing from their respected directories even though the folder exists but the File URL in the media library points to the empty directory. How can I fix this problem? Thank you.

Mark Wiard
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Can you also please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file and copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Mark Wiard
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mark Wiard
    Participant

Hi, I’m checking if there is any update to this? Thank you

Bryle Crodua

Hi Mark,

Sorry, can you make the paste private? I can’t view the link.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Mark Wiard
    Participant

Hi Bryle, The paste was set to private and I changed the paste to unlisted so you should be able to view it now. Thank you.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Mark,

Thank you!

The log shows that the backup completed and UpdraftPlus was able to successfully send the backup to your destination site.
    Can you also send me a copy of the restoration log? This log can be found on your destination site updraftplus folder.
    Base on your description though, it appears that the restoration has been timed out or killed which is a common issue. The usually cause of this is due to insufficient server resources. You will need to ask your host/server admin to increase your server resources and then re-run the restoration process again.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Mark Wiard
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Mark,

Sorry, that is a backup log.

Do you see any other log? You can send all the logs with the same date when the site was restored.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Mark Wiard
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Yes! Thank you!

The log shows “0000.062 () Unzipping backup_2020-11-28-1757_N_Square_9f25c35c11b3-uploads7.zip to /home2/caloraw77/public_html/nsquare/wp-content/upgrade/7b7f00be/ using UpdraftPlus_PclZip, starting index 0
    0001.340 () Error message: Could not extract file from archive. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure
    0001.340 () Restore failed”

It appears that the uploads7.zip is corrupted. Please can you download a fresh copy of the plugin and upload it again.
    After that, re-run the restoration and see if it goes through.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Mark Wiard
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

I already did the work manually for this site, but I will respond if it happens again with another. Have you seen the uploads zip get corrupted before and anything to look out for next time when migrating?

Thanks!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Yes, it is a common issue as uploads compose up to 90% of the entire size of a website. This could happen during uploading or downloading of files. Just make sure you have enough space and stable connection. If you have a corrupt file, UpdraftPlus will also show a warning when going through the restoration wizard.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘UpdraftPlus Premium Migration Problem’ is closed to new replies.