Upgrade Install Error On Install

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Upgrade Install Error On Install

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Doug.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Doug
    Participant

Upon installing the latest update I received this error:
    Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/public_html/wp-content/themes/TheSource/epanel/custom_functions.php on line 740

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/public_html/wp-content/themes/TheSource/epanel/custom_functions.php on line 740

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class ‘Puc_v4p3_Plugin_Info’ not found in /home/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/vendor/yahnis-elsts/plugin-update-checker/Puc/v4p3/UpdateChecker.php on line 494

Bryle Crodua

Hi Doug,

The best solution is to manually install the plugin via FTP. Download a fresh copy of the plugin from our install guide here. Then, unzip and upload to ‘wp-content/plugins’ so it becomes ‘wp-content/plugins/updraftplus’.

After uploading the files, you can then activate the add-ons and connect plugin to UpdraftPlus.com from your WordPress dashboard.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Doug
    Participant

DId that originally – does not work.

Doug
    Participant

One thing to mention is that even with the erros, the program does seem to run and backup.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

What is the current UpdraftPlus version installed on your site? Do you have 2.16.8.24?

Regards,
    Bryle

Doug
    Participant

Please see the form I filled out. Yes, I am using the most recent version. Please focus on the support form I filled out which covers the issue of the adds ons not being installed. As indicated in that post and which I filed a tech support form, this was an issue in the past which was EASILY fixed by your tech who provided a download of the addons and program activated. Let’s get that working and see what issues that may fix. That is the most pressing issue at this time.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please can you open a ticket here – https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/ and provide us access to your site so we can check first hand.

Regards,
    Bryle

Doug
    Participant

Pleas read my other posts. GET THE ADDONS WORKING. Then we can see if the issues are still there. FOCUS ON THE IMPORTANT ASPECT FIRST. I have indicated clearly, the prime importance is getting the addons to work. They are needed and if your company cannot get them to work, then the other issues are unimportant since the product is of no value. I have been very specific in what needs to be fixed. Focus and get it done or refund and I will move to another product.

Doug
    Participant

Read this:

Back in April 2017 I had the same issue and corresponded back and forth WITHOUT your company seeming to understand the issue. Finally David Nutbourne figured out that the download you provided was causing the issue and sent me this email:

—————————————————————
    Sent: April-10-17 06:42 AM

Hi Doug,

Apologies for the inconvenience.
    With Premium, the add-ons are grouped under ‘All Addons’ for the purpose of activation.

I have activated a downloadable version of UpdraftPlus Premium with all add-ons pre-activated. You can find this in the Downloads section of your My Account page.
    Uninstall the current version of UpdraftPlus, and reinstall from the new download. No further steps should be required.

Best Wishes,
    David

———————
    Why is this not being done now to fix this issue? I have waited since renewing early. The product was working fine until the renewal at which time the addons were gone and the product started giving errors. Its ludicrous to think that someone back in 2017 knew how to fix this, did fix it and yet nothing is being done once again. Last time ALL THE ERRORS disappeared once the proper product was provided. I had no issues after David provided me with the corrected download which is why I renewed again. Obviously this renewal went badly. So fix it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrade Install Error On Install’ is closed to new replies.