uploads splits into mulitple files

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin uploads splits into mulitple files

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by udadmin.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rondal
    Participant

On a particularly large site, UpdraftPlus split the uploads zip into several files (…uploads.zip, …uploads2.zip, etc.). When I tried to upload these to another site to migrate (yes I have the Migrator plugin) it said “Please make sure you uploaded a zip created from UpdraftPlus”. What should I do?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Rondal,

This message indicates that something has renamed the zip filenames. Do you have a Mac? Sometimes these (un-)”helpfully” change things with zip files. If not, then have you changed the filename by hand?

Either way – the solution is to rename the zip file back to its original filename.

Best wishes,
    David

Rondal
    Participant

No. I do not use a Mac. The backup script is the one creating them. I see it in the log.

Rondal
    Participant

It splits it into several files.

Rondal
    Participant

There are multiple files on the server.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please can you send a screenshot of the file you are drag-dropping into UpdraftPlus, and of the error message? Use https://snag.gy if it helps.

Best wishes,
    David

Rondal
    Participant

I told you the names are the default names with just the numbers after.
    Here is part of the log:
    Beginning creation of dump of uploads (split every: 500 Mb)
    It created
    [sitename]-uploads.zip
    [sitename]-uploads2.zip
    [sitename]-uploads3.zip
    etc.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Rondal,

Splitting into multiple zips is an intended feature – the numbers are used to show where in the sequence the particular archive comes. So, wherever the problem is coming in, it’s not there. I would need the requested info from my 9:40 post in order to be able to get more insight into what might be the problem you’re having.

Best wishes,
    David

Timothy W
    Participant

I’m having the same problem uploading the “uploads” and “uploads2” zip files. The names seem correct, but I get error -202 when I try to upload.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Timothy,

From the brief description, that sounds like a different issue. I’d recommend following the tip given for using an alternative upload method, in the paragraph just above the drag/drop widget area.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘uploads splits into mulitple files’ is closed to new replies.