Using Migrator with same domain name

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Using Migrator with same domain name

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Schramm
    Participant

I am having trouble using the migrator, I tried setting up a new wordpress install on the new server, but it keep opening my existing site because of the domain name, so I am not able to log into the new wordpress to install the updraft plugin and get the key to move the site to. I am using godaddy and it makes me enter the domain to install wordpress.

Any ideas for what I can do?

Joshua Schramm
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file as an attachment or copy the contents into an online tool (such as http://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

ryan-2376
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Michael Smithng
    Participant

I experienced the same issue when migrating over to Siteground. They ended up performing the migration for me since each time ended up in a faulty install. This was likely due to a DNS issue since we didn’t want to migrate the records before confirming the installation was successful. You could try modifying your local HOSTS file to point to the new install temporarily.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Yes, if the site is not yet live you will need to modify your local host file so you can access the website.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Vanessa

Hi,

Is there anything further we can help you with?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Using Migrator with same domain name’ is closed to new replies.