WebDAV transfer stops at 60%

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Marcel
    Participant

Hello,

I use Updraftplus with WebDAV transfer to owncloud at three different WordPress installations with same settings and same owncloud. It works fine on two of three wp.
    On one wordpress installation, the plugin stops transfering the backup at 60%. The transfer works fine, if “uploads” are excluded from Backup. Backup the wordpress without transfer to owncloud doesn’t cause any problems.
    Downloading the backups from wordpress to my computer and upload them to owncloud manually also works fine.
    What can I do?

Thank you,
    Marcel

Marcel
    Participant

I’ve found a 17MB file in “uploads”, that caused the problem.
    After deleting that file, the transfer works fine. But what can I do to make the transfer work with bigger files? I think a file with 17 MB is not extraordinary big.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Marcel,

Please could you send us a copy of the latest backup log where the issue occurred? This can be found either through the Existing Backups tab, or through the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory via FTP.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here. You can also set your reply to private if you prefer.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Marcel
    Participant

Hi David,

I tried to reproduce the problem. So, I uploaded the 17MB file again, but it didn’t cause the problem again. I was able to reproduce the problem with a 116 MB Video file.
    The logfile, I’ll send you describes trying to create (no problem) and transfer the backup to owncloud.
    It works, if I set archive – splitting to (max) 30MB. But I noticed that the archives are not splittet into 30MB parts. It’s splitted into 3 parts (< 1kb, 30.3MB, 110.4MB). This is not important for me but interesting.

Marcel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Marcel,

The zip file format doesn’t allow you to split in the middle of a file, and UpdraftPlus uses standard zip files (with no tricks). So, a 110MB zip file on a 30MB split setting would indicate that you have a particular individual file that’s just over 80MB.

The log file seems to be of a backup only begun a short time earlier. Please can you send one that began at least 45 minutes previously? This allows us to see what UD finds when it retries things.

Many thanks,
    David

Marcel
    Participant
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi Marcel,

From the log, it appears that the upload is being killed off, just as it is completing sending the Uploads backup file.

Please could you reduce the backup archive split size to 50MB (via the ‘Split archives every’ option in the ‘expert settings’ section of the UDP Settings tab), then take a fresh backup?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Marcel
    Participant
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi Marcel,

I’m afraid that the large file in the backup is preventing the backups archives from being split. Unfortunately, your server does not support chunked uploads to WebDAV, so each backup file has to be uploaded in one.

This means that PHP requires enough time and memory to hold the entire zip file. In the case of the backup containing the large file, your PHP installation does not appear to have the necessary resources.
    You will need to contact your hosts and ask them to increase the PHP memory limit and/or maximum execution time. Alternatively, you can exclude the large file from the Uploads backup.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Marcel
    Participant

I increased the php memory to 512M (it was 256M before). Now it works fine.
    Thank you for your great support, David!
    Greetings,
    Marcel

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘WebDAV transfer stops at 60%’ is closed to new replies.