Website After Migration – Settings Behave Differantly

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Website After Migration – Settings Behave Differantly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    george.penzenik
    Participant

I’m not really sure how to explain this problem. I used Updraft Plus with Migrator to move a client’s site hosted on WP Engine to one of my development servers to make modifications to it. After the restoration, the website does not look like the original. For example, the page loading animation from the theme is always displayed and never goes away. I can disable it in the theme but that leaves me with low confidence that when I migrate the site from my dev server back to their production server I may have to make changes on the live site to get it to behave properly or worse it may be broken differently when I restore it. I’ve used Updraft Plus with Migrator on several projects and have not experienced this type of issue before. I did the backup/restore twice and it behaves the same way.

The restore completes without error. Here is the link to the last restoration attempt. https://pastebin.com/Eh2en0At

george.penzenik
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Base on the log, it shows that you are still using an old version of the plugin (2.16.21.1).
    Please update to latest version and test again.

Thanks,
    Bryle

george.penzenik
    Participant

OK thank you for that information. I will update and try again. So I’m also going to assume that there are no notifications that there is an update available in the WordPress dashboard under Installed Plugins.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

You should be getting an update notification if the plugin has been connected to the license server.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Website After Migration – Settings Behave Differantly’ is closed to new replies.