Weekly template file migration

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    NativeNewYorker
    Participant

Hello,

My client has many modifications to be done on their custom WordPress template files.
    Please help me understand if UpDraftPlus can solve the many deployment problems with this project because of its unique requirements.

1. Do not have direct access to the live site via normal method such as SSH, FTP or WordPress login. Only have access to the live site via GoTo Meeting which connects to a remote PC in the client’s office for me to access the live site’s WordPress Admin panel.

2. The site is built with twig PHP template files, A WordPress plugin called Timber handles the integration between WordPress and the twig files. Path to custom template on the staging server are listed below.

“/www/dev/wp-content/themes/customtemplate”
    “/www/dev/wp-content/themes/customtemplate/templates”
    “/www/dev/wp-content/themes/customtemplate/views”

Do not have direct access to file system on live site web server. That is why I think template file synchronization has to be done by a plugin. Can UpdraftPlus be used for weekly deployment of updated custom twig template files from my PC using Local by Flywheel to the live site?

Can UpDraftPlus be used to meet the following requirements?

1. Need to migrate the live site to make both a local development server and a staging server.

2. Need to make lots of custom twig template changes on my PC using Local by Flywheel. Then push the updated template twig files from my PC to both Staging for marketing approvals and ultimately to the live site.

When doing this, must the database be synchronized or just the template files?

Special considerations:
    1. The staging server is not at its own domain name but in a folder called mc3. Should this be changed to make sure there are no problem?

2. Both live site and staging server use a hide wp-login plugin. Is UpDraftPlus compatible with it?

3. When pushing changes from my PC using Local by Flywheel to the live site, what precautions can be taken just in case UpDraftPlus operation fails?

4. Staging server uses Apache web server while Live site uses NGINX

Can UpDraftPlus meet the above requirements and if not in what manner can UpdraftPlus be used to accommplish it?
    Is there a better way to do this?
    Other than 250 character limitation, when should customer support form be used and when should paid support forum be used?
    Please advise.
    Thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Weekly template file migration’ is closed to new replies.