Why is restoring of "More Files"-Archive not automatically possible?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Why is restoring of "More Files"-Archive not automatically possible?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    alexander.kunz
    Participant

Hello,
    i have a lot of custom directories and files which i added to my backup schedule. Now if i try to load and restore the backup on our staging system it is not automatically restoring the “More Files” archive which is fundamental for us. The following message occures (german): “Das folgende Objekt kann nicht automatisch wiederhergestellt werden: “More Files”. Du wirst es manuell wiederherstellen müssen.”.

Is this a bug with my system or is this planned behaviour – if yes, why?

Thanks and Regards,
    Alex

Bryle Crodua

Hi Alex,

It is not a bug. Please check here – https://updraftplus.com/shop/more-files/
    WordPress Core files and non-standard files and directories in your WordPress installation can be restored as normal through UpdraftPlus.
    Directories from outside of WordPress can easily be restored manually (e.g. via FTP), as UpdraftPlus backup files are non-propriety ZIP archives.

Regards,
    Bryle

alexander.kunz
    Participant

Hello Bryle,

thanks for your response. But i do not quite understand why exactly this behaviour is wanted. Wouldn’t it be more comfortable for your users to restore the “more files” automatically, too? Or – best solution – ask with a checkbox wether the selected files should be automatically restored or not.
    As i see plenty of similar questions of your customers have been asked in this and other platforms like stackoverflow. Is this a feature which you are considering implementing?
    For me it is fundamental, otherwise i have lot of work in restoring “more files” manually and have no real benefit in using UpdraftPlus.

Thanks and Regards,
    Alex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Why is restoring of "More Files"-Archive not automatically possible?’ is closed to new replies.