Will UPDRFT run if I’m not logged out of WP?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Will UPDRFT run if I’m not logged out of WP?

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Bryan Morse.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bryan Morse
    Participant

If I do a manual Backup, will the plug-in run if I log out of my WP site?
    Also, during a manual back-up, will the plug-in slow my site down to visitors?

Bryle Crodua

Hi Bryan,

Yes, UpdraftPlus will continue to run.
    It will not affect the site but it is possible that the backup could not complete as the backup also uses your server resources to run the process. We suggest you run the backup in the “small hours” of the morning, servers are usually very lightly loaded, with lots of spare resources.

Regards,
    Bryle

Bryan Morse
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryan Morse
    Participant

B –

I tried the suggestion of keep the UpDraftPlus plug-in page open in WP all night while running the backup. This had no affect. Also, while this plug-in is open and running my website barely runs–it’s extremely sluggish and unresponsive. I was under the impression based on all the supplied documentation, and your replies to contrary, that this plug-in would have NO affect on my site’s performance while running.

Please advise.

– B

Bryle Crodua

Hi Bryan,

Please see FAQ: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-much-resources-does-updraftplus-need/
    It contains more information on how to make your backup work.

Regards,
    Bryle

Bryan Morse
    Participant

I’ve tried. I’ve followed all of your recommendations with no success. I’ve decided to cancel my account and have requested a refund. This plugin simply isn’t living up to my expectations or needs.

Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Will UPDRFT run if I’m not logged out of WP?’ is closed to new replies.