Woocommerce Bookings conflict

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jake Voelcker
    Participant

When using Google Drive for remote storage, I get an error message. Unfortunately your cloudflare security won’t let me paste that message here. Please let me know how I can show you the error.

If I disable the Woocommerce Bookings plugin it resolves the issue.

Is this an Updraft problem or a Woocommerce Bookings problem?

Jake Voelcker
    Participant

PHP Fatal error (TypeError) has occurred during rescan subaction.

Jake Voelcker
    Participant

Error Message: Argument 1 passed to Google_Client::__construct() must be of the type array, object given,

Jake Voelcker
    Participant

called in var www vhosts [my domain.com] httpdocs wp-content plugins updraftplus methods googledrive.php on line 825

Jake Voelcker
    Participant

(Code: 0, line 92 in var www vhosts [my domain.com] httpdocs wp-content plugins woocommerce-bookings vendor google apiclient src Google Client.php)

Jake Voelcker
    Participant

(Sorry, I had to split the error message up and remove slashes to get past your cloudflare filter)

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Please contact the developers of the plugin and let them know about the conflict.

Regards,
    Bryle

Jake Voelcker
    Participant

Hi,

I have contacted Woocommerce about the Bookings conflict and they say:

– – –
    The Google API client version which is being used by WooCommerce Bookings is 2.2.3, which was released in May 2019, please see: https://cld.wthms.co/oRKky4
    The issue is, Updraft and WooCommerce Bookings are using different versions causing the issue.
    Bookings will be updated in the future to include newer version, however, I do not have an ETA on when it will be included
    – – –

So now I am stuck.

Is there any way UpdraftPlus and Bookings can use different version of the Google API without causing this conflict?

Woocommerce Bookings is an official Woocommerce plugin, and I am using the latest version, so I would hope that UpdraftPlus would be compatible.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

I’m afraid that there is anything that we can do on our end.

The conflict arises because both plugins attempt to load their own version of the API.

From your description, it appears that the Bookings plugin is loading their version of the API on each WP Admin page.
    UpdraftPlus only attempts to load the API when needed (i.e. just before the backup upload/download). This is why the Bookings version is taking precedent.

As a general rule (and to avoid this sort of situation), plugins should only include APIs when necessary, usually on their own page or just before they need to access that service.

Please could you ask the Bookings plugin developers if it is possible for them to restrict when the plugin is including its own version of the API? There should be no reason why the Bookings plugin would need to run on the UpdraftPlus plugin’s admin page.

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Woocommerce Bookings conflict’ is closed to new replies.