WordPress Database Error When Retrieving Files

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin WordPress Database Error When Retrieving Files

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christina
    Participant

When I go to retrieve my backups to download, all of my files are successfully loaded. When I start to download each file, I receive this error:

Unexpected response: <h1>Error establishing a database connection</h1>
    <p>This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host’s database server is down.</p>

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
    • Are you sure you have typed the correct hostname?
    • Are you sure the database server is running?

<p>If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.</p>

The database is reconnected after about 30 seconds, but I receive the error each time I try to download the files from the backend.

Christina
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

You have not yet done any restoration/migration process? Or is this after you have done the restoration/migration?

Regards,
    Bryle

Christina
    Participant

I haven’t done a restoration. I’m trying to download my backup files.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Christina,

Downloading files should not affect the database or the wp-config.php in this case.
    Please can you consult your web admin/host as to why are you experiencing such issue?

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress Database Error When Retrieving Files’ is closed to new replies.