WordPress Mu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

hello,
    I have a WordPress Mu networking site and wish to migrate a standalone installation of wordpress on this network or otherwise out a wordpress mu site to install one.
    Can you tell me how please?
    kind regards
    Nicolas Picand

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

UpdraftPlus does not officially support adding a single site into a multisite (“UpdraftPlus backs up the entire network. It does not (yet) back up or restore sites within the network individually” – https://updraftplus.com/shop/network-multisite/). However, we have got some alpha-status code that can do it. If you can share your backup of the single site with me, e.g. via Dropbox, then I can test it out with your site. I cannot promise any particular timescale, though.

Best wishes,
    David

Nicolas
    Participant

OK, thank you for this information. Is it possible to consider including these features in a future evolution of addon for WordPress MU ?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is on the list of things we want to look at. It is complicated, though – WordPress can’t be made to support this all the time, because it relies on plugins having code to explicitly support multisite; not all of them do. So, at best, it’s a “might work, might not” situation, until 100% of plugin authors support multisite.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress Mu’ is closed to new replies.