WP Cache Issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KK
    Participant

Hi,

I have recently restored few sites on a fresh wordpress installation.

The WP installed by host usually comes with pre-configured WP Cache plugin.

Once i restore the site, it works well in the same browser, but when I open it on another browser I get the default fresh wp site.

The only solution to this is:

1. I install wp cache
    2. Delete Cache
    3. Disable / Delete the plugin again

Would it be feasible for you, to add something in updraft restore procedure that gets rid of cache specially by wp cache plugin?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Karim,

I think the key question is – how does the cacheing plugin manage to store serve up pages when its not installed? I’d need to have some idea about how it accomplishes this, before applying any kind of work-around for it.

Best wishes,
    David

KK
    Participant

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I think this post might help: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-how-to-uninstall-with-no-admin-panel#post-1651120

I hope you can fix it as it is a real pain and few hostings have these by default.

Thanks

KK
    Participant

Hi David,

Did you get any chance to consider it?

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Karim,

I’ve not understood the question. What are you wanting UpdraftPlus to do? It sounds like you’re looking for a work-around for an attribute of your web hosting setup. I’m not sure we want to add that kind of thing though – it’d be best if you just installed WordPress without WP Cache installed – or if you removed the advanced-cache.php file manually from wp-content before migrating.

David

Matthew
    Participant

Karim, I had this exact same problem – thanks for this post, it was very helpful.

In my case the host is Hostgator and the plugin is WP-Super-Cache. But I followed the steps you identified in your first post and all is now well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Cache Issue’ is closed to new replies.