UpdraftPlus are happy to announce that we have released a brand new update: UpdraftPlus 1.16.7. As well as the new incremental backup via UpdraftCentral feature, the latest update comes with a many other features, fixes and tweaks. As you may have read in our recent blog, we have been hard at work making incremental backups more user friendly, with quicker and easier to use features.
With this latest development, users will not have to go to each individual website every-time you want to make or schedule an incremental backup. Instead, UpdraftPlus users will have the option to make the incremental backups straight from their UpdraftCentral dashboard. We hope you enjoy these new features and if you have any comments, be sure to let us know in the comments section below.
The changelog is as follows. We recommend the update for all users.
- FEATURE: Add support for bucket-specific application keys in Backblaze
- FEATURE: Added the ability to take incremental backups via UpdraftCentral
- FIX: Dropbox authorisation setting getting lost after saving UpdraftPlus settings in the free version
- FIX: Issue where an error wasn’t thrown if you tried to restore a backup with no valid components
- TRANSLATION: Norwegian (Bokmål) and Polish translations are now complete and supplied from wordpress.org, so can be removed from the free plugin zip (saves 900KB disk space – if your mother tongue is not English and you want to improve UpdraftPlus, take a look at: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/updraftplus).
- TWEAK: Ride a polling status check on the regular heartbeat check, thereby reducing the need for stand-alone polls
- TWEAK: If FTP settings were removed and an attempt was made to download a backup, then a zero-sized file would be created and then an unclear error shown, instead of just showing a clear error.
- TWEAK: For premium users: Added the option to connect to UpdraftCentral Cloud at point of connecting a license to a site
- TWEAK: If on PHP 5.3 or later, then register our Google SPL auto-loader with the ‘prepend’ flag, so that we can avoid loading incompatible Google SDKs registered (but not yet used) by other components
- TWEAK: Clear settings visuals after wipe settings
- TWEAK: Improve UpdraftPlus news layout on dashboard
- TWEAK: Handle a case seen where the updates checker failed to load
- TWEAK: Prevent a possible PHP notice when requesting a rating
- TWEAK: Update to the current series (4.5) of yahnis-elsts/plugin-update-checker (paid versions)
- TWEAK: The “follow this link to refresh your (licensing) connection)” (paid versions) link was not functioning
- TWEAK: Alert the user in the UI if they have activated a storage destination without any settings
- TWEAK: If a directory is not found during a restore but the parent directory is then, where relevant, UpdraftPlus will automatically try to create the missing directory
- TWEAK: Use the correct nonce name when requesting filesystem credentials if needing the WP_Filesystem API to delete old directories
- TWEAK: Regression in 1.16.6 – certain types of final errors stopped being shown in the final report and had to be read from the log file
- TWEAK: Refactor the remote storage logging code in all remote storage modules
- TWEAK: Prevent the download entities UI becoming uglified from multiple button presses