Authorization header is malformed

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Authorization header is malformed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    AYS Software
    Participant

I have had failed backups for the last few weeks. I am running both Updraft Vault and Google Drive. The GDrive one works but the Updraft Vault one always fails with an error similar to this:

1542.348 (3) UpdraftPlus Vault: Error: Failed to access bucket updraftvault-us-west-2. The authorization header is malformed; the region ‘us-east-1’ is wrong; expecting ‘us-west-2’ (line: 91, file: /homepages/25/d349685665/htdocs/wordpress/kb/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/src/Aws/Common/Exception/NamespaceExceptionFactory.php)

I found another thread here that said the login credentials may be incorrect, but I disconnected and reconnected, it worked fine. When the backup tried again it failed with the same message.

AYS Software
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

This is usually caused by a too-restrictive bucket policy, which doesn’t allow UD to work out the bucket’s region. Can you post the bucket policy? (Presumably, you have a custom one set up?)

Regards,
    Bryle

AYS Software
    Participant

You set up the buckets, not me. It’s Updraft Vault, there is no configuration of this stuff on my end. Nothing custom.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies. Can you confirm that you are using the latest version 2.16.27.x?

Regards,
    Bryle

AYS Software
    Participant

Yes, I always keep up to date, I have 2.16.27.24 installed at the moment.

AYS Software
    Participant

Any thoughts? I’d rather somehow configure for a non-local region than not have backups for a month…

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please can you try to wipe out settings in the “Advance Tools” tab and setup everything again?
    This could delete any possible locks or corrupted settings from UpdraftPlus.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Authorization header is malformed’ is closed to new replies.