The World’s Simplest Way to Migrate a WP Site
UpdraftPlus Migrator (included as ones of the addons in all UpdraftPlus Premium packages) enables you to use UpdraftPlus to clone or migrate your website to a different URL in a matter of minutes, all from your UpdraftPlus dashboard! It’s reliable, seamless and intuitive, and it has a host of useful functions, such as “search-and-replace”, which gives you full, long-proven migrating with zero extra clicks.
Trusted by major brands to migrate or clone WordPress sites:
Why choose UpdraftMigrator?
Migrating & Cloning
Migrate your WordPress website directly to another domain in a matter of minutes
Install on an unlimited number of websites for a whole year
Automatically cleanses any mention of your old website from your database (for example “serialised” database references that don’t work)
Enjoy 12 months of access to updates and 60 days of support
Don’t just take our word for it
Here’s what our customers have to say
- Clone the site to your servers (your own web hosting)
- Takes a few minutes
- Unlimited number of migrations with Premium
- Manually de-install to clean up after yourself
- Install WordPress, install, activate UpdraftPlus on both original and target site and begin migration process
- Clone your site to our servers for your convenience
- Takes a few clicks
- Works on token system
- One click to clean up
- Just login, press ‘Clone’ and you’re done!
UpdraftPlus Premium represents the very best value: it includes the migrator plugin and 12-months of support, plus it’s developer package comes with unlimited add-on licenses:
MigratorClone & Migrate unlimited sites
- Clone and Migrate your site
- Move your site to a new URL
- 60 days of support
- 1 year of new installs
UpdraftPremiumIncludes Everything. For Only:
- Everything included with Migrator Pro
- 1-2 Premium licenses
- All add-ons (including unlimited migrator licenses)
- 1 year of support
- 1Gb of Vault storage
Migrator ProClone & Migrate for multiple migrations up to 12 months
- All the features of Migrator
- Supported for 12 months instead of 2 months
- Designed for web developers with lots of migration
If you have questions, please take a look at our Pre-Sales FAQs or our General FAQs pages. Alternatively, ask your own question here.
Is there a migration guide?
Can I use UpdraftPlus to migrate a site to a different address?
This is a common need for site developers – or anyone wanting to maintain two copies of a site (e.g. when moving web hosting).
The answer is “yes” – you just need the “Migrator” add-on from our shop; or “UpdraftPlus Premium” which includes every add-on.
Why am I being asked for FTP details upon restoration/migration or plugin installation/updates?
On some WordPress setups, you might see something like this when you try to restore your backup, or when you try to install or update UpdraftPlus:
This happens if (and only if) WordPress does not have sufficient file permissions to write to the directories which it needs to write to. (To be more accurate, the PHP engine that WordPress is running on top of does not have these permissions). When this happens, WordPress has another trick up its sleeve: it asks you for FTP details. With those FTP details, it writes the files another way: by sending them over FTP to the webspace.
Hence, the key points are:
- This is a WordPress feature, not an UpdraftPlus quirk
- It happens if the file permissions do not allow WordPress to write files directly
- It does not indicate a problem as such
- The FTP details to enter are those for the web hosting space (i.e. the web hosting space that the WordPress install you are working on is installed in)
- If you do not know your FTP details, then you will need to ask your web hosting company (we certainly do not know them!)
If you see this message installing/updating, then the important directories are: wp-content and wp-content/plugins. If you see it when restoring a backup, then the directory involved depends on the component being updated; you should check the permissions on the directory containing WordPress (if restoring WordPress core), and wp-content, and wp-content/plugins, wp-content/themes and wp-content/uploads, for other entities.
Can I migrate a standalone WordPress site into a WordPress network?
Ready to go?
UpdraftMigrator is the effortless way to move your website to a new domain in a matter of minutes.