One Drive backup failure

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Bryle Crodua.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Hedges
    Participant

Hi
    I have two sites one is working and the other failed on the last backup. The site that backs up to Dropbox is working and the UpdraftPlus version shows as 2.16.28.24 however I have a second site that backs up to my One Drive Account and on this one the backup due to be done last Sunday at 6.00PM failed and I have noticed that I get the following error “You have requested saving to remote storage (Microsoft One-drive), but without entering any settings for that storage.” .
    The problem on that site the UpdraftPlus version shows as 2.16.28.0 and although the One drive backups have been working without fail for over 2 months it thinks now my UpdraftPlus is the free version and i need to purchase the one drive module again. There is no option to reconfigure the One Drive login anymore that I can see.
    It appears that UpdraftPlus Premium upgrade failed on this site but i cant see anyway to upgrade it to the latest version to resolve my problem.

Kevin Hedges
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Kevin,

Hi,

It appears that you have not yet installed the add-ons. The last digit in a 4-part version number is the number of installed add-ons. If you have 2.16.28.0, that means you have 0 add-on/s installed.

The most common values are:

.0 – No add-ons installed
    .1 – A single add-on installed
    .24 – All add-ons installed (full Premium)

Please connect the plugin to our license server by entering your username and password in the “Premium/Extensions” tab.

Regards,
    Bryle

Kevin Hedges
    Participant

Thankyou for the reply but you skipped over the most important part of my support call, the backups were working for the past 2 months and I had enabled the addons, it appears that an update failed on one site and as a result the addons were disabled.
    It is good to know about the 4-part version number for future reference.
    I did logon using the premium account this morning and the application reinstalled its self and I activated the one drive account again, it said I was already authenticated to my one drive account at which point I did a manual backup which now succeeded.
    You do a notification to our email accounts when a backup occurs maybe one should be sent when an update fails then an admin can investigate this further just a suggestion.
    Please close this call.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Just to clarify.

it appears that an update failed on one site and as a result the addons were disabled.
    > If reconnection does not work then try re-installing the plugin. It is possible that the update has failed partway.

You do a notification to our email accounts when a backup occurs maybe one should be sent when an update fails then an admin can investigate this further just a suggestion.
    > I would suggest checking this plugin – https://easyupdatesmanager.com/

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘One Drive backup failure’ is closed to new replies.