Remote Storage retention

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Vanessa.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Holly Neumann
    Participant

How do I retain backups on remote storage but not in local?

I have set it to retain 2 backups and I have selected “delete local backup” in expert settings but it doesn’t seem to work. It is retaining 2 locally AND in remote storage.

What I really want is to retain 2 locally and retain all (no deletion) in remote storage because I have retention rules set in the AS3 remote storage. But I would settle for no files locally and retain all (or a large number) in AS3.

Screen grab of settings is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m2hC4ek1Xlvepu64myJFzD5vMb5JiGag/view?usp=sharing

Holly Neumann
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Vanessa

Can you post your backup log using a tool such as pastebin.com?

Holly Neumann
    Participant
    Vanessa

This log is saying that the local backups are being removed, for example

https://snipboard.io/JFUV1Z.jpg

Can you remove the two that are currently there and see if any backups then stay or server?

Holly Neumann
    Participant

I removed the two local backups. It asks if I wanted the remote ones to be removed and I said no. So they are still there.

What do you want me to do next? I’d like to keep 2 locally and NJT ever have UDP delete them from the remote storage. Thanks.

Holly Neumann
    Participant

So I just ran a test on another site having same issue. I deleted the two local backups, Ran 3 more. They all went to remote storage and when the 3rd backup ran the oldest of the 3 new ones was deleted from local and remote. The two that were deleted from local remained on remote storage. The log said:
    0218.323 (0) 1720820975: db: over retain limit (2); will delete this database
    0218.323 (0) Amazon S3: Delete remote: bucket=fe-ecommerce, URI=farrow/backup_2024-07-12-1749_Farrow_04b17e63f3c1-db.gz

Vanessa

Hi,

I think you might be dealing with my colleague via the helpdesk?
    If so it might be best to continue with the support there?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Remote Storage retention’ is closed to new replies.