Setting to delete backups off source server?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Setting to delete backups off source server?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Shane Waters
    Participant

I have it setup to make a copy of the backup a Google Drive and a 10 day retention period. So when the deletes occur manual or automatic, it will purge them from the Google Drive, but not on the source server. Is there a setting to purge them as well? What I am not looking for is when the copy is uploaded to Google Drive it will the purge from the source; I want an onsite copy as well as an off site copy.

Shane Waters
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Vanessa

Hi,

In the settings tab under “show expert settings” can you check the option next to “delete local backups”

Shane Waters
    Participant

I have that set already, but I still see files that I don’t think should be around. I am thinking those are part of the backups, but I could be wrong. I know if I don’t clean them up after a few weeks they can start taking up several gigs of space.

The location of the files are: h:\root\home\splinters-001\www\splinters\wp-content\updraft\
    Examples of files names are:
    backup_2024-06-24-2020_Splinters039_Hatchet_amp_Ax_ae2e4cf61e28-plugins.zip.tmp.01e0636e
    backup_2024-06-24-2020_Splinters039_Hatchet_amp_Ax_ae2e4cf61e28-plugins.zip.tmp.01e591c9
    backup_2024-06-24-2020_Splinters039_Hatchet_amp_Ax_ae2e4cf61e28-plugins.zip.tmp.01ea6811

Vanessa

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

These are all temporary files that should be removed either when the next backup is run or by a Cron job that UpdraftPlus schedules.

Shane Waters
    Participant

I found and see that the cron job “updraftplus_clean_temporary_files” runs twice daily. I also manual executed it and I still have the …zip.tmp… files. I find it interesting that it runs 1 hour after my schedule backup, but the backup appears to take longer than 1 hour. So what does the cron job actually do, in other words is it looking for certain names and timestamps of files and purges them? Anyone else having this issue?

Vanessa

UpdraftPlus cleans up (removes) all temporary files that are more than 24 hours old, so you should not need to do so manually. If you spot any temporary files that are taking up a lot of space, then they will be less than 24 hours old, and disappear by themselves later on.

Shane Waters
    Participant

This is not happening per your description. Should I open a support ticket? Any logs you want thsat I can generate to help determine the root cause?

Vanessa

Hi Shane,

Can you send us your backup logS, you can post them here using a tool such as pastebin.com or you can send them to our helpdesk; https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Setting to delete backups off source server?’ is closed to new replies.