Tar.Gz VS Zip

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    canalesglobalcultura
    Participant

Hi,

I want to know if it’s possible to make backup in tar.gz format, not in zip format. The reason is that I must do a server migration and I’m having problems with some files in the backup because they have spanish chars at name, like this

AT-Fundaci+?n-150×150.jpg –>> This file from a updraft backup (zip format)
      AT-Fundación-150×150.jpg –>> This file from a test backup (tar.gz format)

First file can´t not be found trough the web server

Both servers (actual and new) are linux systems and if i make a compressed file in tar.gz all is right but the zip format goes wrong. I have not shell access to actual server, (i just have DirectAdmin panel) so I must use the backup files of updraft because i have thousands of files and is not possible to do it through my control panel

How can I do?

Best regards,

udadmin
    Keymaster

Can you send me a .tar.gz file containing only *one* file with a name that exhibits this problem? ([email protected])

Also: try adding this to your wp-config.php:

define(‘UPDRAFTPLUS_NO_BINZIP’, true);

Then run a new backup. Does that make a difference?

Best wishes,
    David

canalesglobalcultura
    Participant

Hi, David

I’ve sent you a mail

Best regards,

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

These worked for me. i.e. I extracted the .tar.gz into my WordPress install, and backed it up with UpdraftPlus. I then unpacked the resulting zip file – and the file names were intact:

$ ll | head -4
    total 56
    -rw-r–r–. 1 david david 1137 Sep 14 09:34 advanced-cache.php
    -rw-rw-r–. 1 david david 6401 Nov 18 22:47 Ángel_wide_color-150×150.jpg
    -rw-rw-r–. 1 david david 9606 Nov 18 22:47 AT-Fundación-150×150.jpg

It’s probably the default locale of the shell on your webserver. Pass that information on to the operator of the server, and he should be able to fix it.

David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Tar.Gz VS Zip’ is closed to new replies.