Updraftclone Multisite

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Sealey
    Participant

Hi UP,

Are you planning on implementing temporary clone for multisite in the near future? I thought this was a feature when I bought in and I could really use it. What are the plans?

Thanks,
    DesignServe

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

You should be able to migrate your site using UpdraftClone.
    However, you need UpdraftPlus Multisite/Network install to be able to install the plugin in a Multisite.
    What is not possible at the moment is migrating sub-sites from a Multisite.

Regards,
    Bryle

Michael Sealey
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

The message in the plugin regarding Updraftclone temporary clone says:

“A temporary clone is an instant copy of this website, running on our servers. Rather than test things on your live site, you can UpdraftClone it, and then throw away your clone when done.”

and

“Temporary clones of WordPress multisite installations are not yet supported. See our documentation on how to carry out a normal migration here.”

I’m wondering whether you are going to implement Temporary Clone for multisite.

Thanks,
    Mike

Bryle Crodua

Hi Mike,

I have checked with my colleague, I’m afraid that it is currently not possible to clone a Multisite.
    UpdraftPlus will actually block cloning on a multisite.

It is theoretically possible to create a blank clone, and manually convert it to a multisite. However, this is completely untested and not supported.
    Multisite support is currently in our future development list. However, we do not have estimated time as to when we will be able to complete it.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Updraftclone Multisite’ is closed to new replies.