Who are the staff?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alberto
    Participant

In the Backup now ->Include your database in the backup section, there is the item “Anonymize personal data for all users except staff”.
    Who are the staff?

Alberto
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Vanessa

Staff refers to the user privileges
    So, admins for example would be staff but subscribers and customers would not be.
    Admins: Data is not anonymised
    Subscribers/Customer: Data is anonymised

Alberto
    Participant

My love, I’ve been thinking about you a lot, thank you.

Alberto
    Participant

Love, I don’t understand this sentence, it’s not understood in Italian. Can you explain?
    “N.B. Anonymized information cannot be recovered; the original non-anonymized data will be absent from the backup.”

Vanessa

No problem, If you do a backup with anonymised, if you use it to restore your site, the data will be restored in the anonymised format.

Anonymised data is only really suitable for when you are testing with something like a clone.
    For example, you are having issues with UpdraftPlus on your site, I ask you if we can do a clone for testing. I would need clone the DB (for the plugin settings) but I would use this feature so that I don’t copy your customer data over (I don’t need it so it’s best not to have it). It’s great for GDPR compliance.

However if your site went down and you started with a blank WP install, when you restored the data you would not have your customer data (which would be fairly useless on an e-commerce site).

Alberto
    Participant

Thank you, love, you answer me even at night… 🩷

Vanessa

No problem Alberto

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Who are the staff?’ is closed to new replies.