Zip error

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wendy Engles
    Participant

Hi,

When backing up my site, it says “The backup apparently succeeded (with warnings) and is now complete” and also says this: Warning: A zip error occurred – check your log for more details.

What does this mean? What is a zip error? Is there something I can fix to change this? I just want to be sure the backup is there as it should be. I downloaded my log file, in case you want to see that.

Thank you!

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Wendy,

Could you send the log file? You can either use an online service such as pastebin, and post the link here, or open a support ticket through our Support Form.

A zip error means that there was a problem creating one of the backup archives (which are ZIP files). The log will indictae what the cause of the problem was.

Best Wishes,
    David

Wendy Engles
    Participant

Sure – here’s the link:
    https://pastebin.com/PQJ58RKK

Thank you!

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Wendy,

From the log, the error you are receiving is:

PCLZIP_ERR_READ_OPEN_FAIL (-2) : Unable to open temporary file 'pclzip-56a738ad925f2.tmp' in binary write mode

This suggests that PclZip doesn’t have write access to where it puts its temporary files. By default this is the root directory of your WordPress install. I would recommend asking your hosts to give WordPress and UpdraftPlus write access for the site’s root directory.

Alternatively you can change where it writes temporary files by adding the following line to your wp-config.php file:

define('PCLZIP_TEMPORARY_DIR', ABSPATH.'wp-content/uploads');

I would also recommend checking that your hosting has enough space to create the backup, as this error can also be caused by a full hosting account.

Best Wishes,
    David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Zip error’ is closed to new replies.