Allowed memory size exhausted

Tagged: 

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Dee Nutbourne.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wood7darren
    Participant

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 998000024 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\wp-admin\includes\file.php on line 1190

I get this error when trying to do the migration even though my c drive has plenty of space.

Could you please help?

wood7darren
    Participant

I should add that I tried changing the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT and the WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT in the wp-config.php file but that did nothing. I did put it at the start of the file

mike165
    Participant

I’m not an expert; just a customer.

You might have to go directly to your cPanel PHP module and change the memory limit there. I had to change mine to 256m which worked for me.

If you can’t change it then you will have to submit a support ticket to your host provider depending on who you use.

It’s possible that the values you have entered are being overwritten during load time.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

The amount of memory available has to be at least equal to the largest file being unzipped. (That is, the largest file within the zip file – not the zip file itself. The largest single file within the zip).

The message appears to indicate a file of almost 1GB in size. i.e. Enormous. Is it part of the media library? Is that something you’re expecting? It might be better to just unzip that zip on your PC and then upload the contents to wp-content/uploads rather than try to get WordPress to unzip it. (All the interesting stuff happens with the database – with the media library (i.e. wp-content/uploads), all UD is doing is zipping it up on one end, then unzipping it on the other).

David

wood7darren
    Participant

The file is actually a plugin.Can I do that manually? Where do I upload that to?

wood7darren
    Participant

After changing these two variables in wp-config I get the new error below
    define(‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘10000M’);
    define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘10000M’);

It has moved on to the new plugin.

Unpacking backup… (backup_2018-04-05-0058_STC_Crystals_and_Gems_c2c170f183c3-plugins.zip, 901.6 Mb)
    Moving old data out of the way…
    Moving unpacked backup into place…
    Cleaning up rubbish…
    Unpacking backup… (backup_2018-04-05-0058_STC_Crystals_and_Gems_c2c170f183c3-plugins2.zip, 16.1 Mb)

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1895825408 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2280095990 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\wp-admin\includes\file.php on line 1190

Please what do I need to do?

sincerely

Darren

wood7darren
    Participant

Hi Mike
    I don’t seem to have a CPanel module as I have a localhost installation on XXamp of worpress.

Darren

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Darren,

It appears that the hard memory limit was reached.

You will need to manually unzip that backup file, and move the contents to ‘wp-content/plugins’.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Allowed memory size exhausted’ is closed to new replies.