Autoupdate completely crashed my website front and back

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Autoupdate completely crashed my website front and back

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mark Olson
    Participant

I woke up this morning to my website with a critical/fatal error. I’m not able to access the wordpress dashboard. I’ve never had an error like this. Log files suggest that it had something to do with an automatic updraft backup. When I follow the error messages, it takes me to lines of my theme’s code that are pointing to files that are now missing in the theme’s directory. I didn’t change any files or update anything theme related. I may have conducted an update on the Updraft plugin. The only thing that happened between yesterday when all was well and today when everything is broken was the Updraft backup and the updraft update. Attempts to update the Plugin via ftp have failed, but i know it’s not the plugin files causing the inability to function because changing the name of the plugin doesn’t change the error. I just paid for support via phone/skype, so I’m a bit confused about why I’m being sent to the forum here. No idea how I’m supposed to proceed, especially if it’s destroyed theme files.

Mark Olson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Mark Olson
    Participant

I managed to fix the problem on my own, prior to receiving any assistance here. I’m not sure how to request a refund other than to do that here.

ofir
    Participant

I demand to stop sending me emails! And stop the service with you !!! It does not make sense that you continue to flood me with emails I did not ask for!

I can not find where to cancel the emails and it wastes me time from my life! Cancel my subscription with you I no longer want to work with you !!!!

Bryle Crodua

Hi @ofir,

Please send us a screenshot of the email you are receiving so we know what to cancel.
    No need to spam our forum.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Bryle Crodua

Hi @Mark Olson,

Please send us a support request using this form – https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Mark Olson
    Participant

hi,
    i sent in a support request and i received a reply a few hours ago, and i explained that i solved the problem by having my hosting company restore with one of their backups. i requested a refund in that support thread and was informed that my refund request was being sent to the billing department. hope this helps. thank you.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Mark,

I’ve replied to the ticket and processed the refund. I’ll mark this ticket close now.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Autoupdate completely crashed my website front and back’ is closed to new replies.