Avada theme restored but lost all custom settings and CSS

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Avada theme restored but lost all custom settings and CSS

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Damien Lanza
    Participant

I must say I have 0 confidence in UpdraftPlus as a backup product. My site is a wordpress site, in combination with WooCommerce and Avada theme. We had to relocate from one hosting company to another so I purchased the migrator to complete this operation, following the instructional on how to complete the migration I completed it successfully (so I thought) and after checking the site on the new host the migration all of the images were off and themes were incorrect, etc. Took me 2 weeks to get my site back up and running.

Today we had an issue with our Avada theme so I went to our trusty backup with UpdraftPlus and restored the themes for the site. Low and behold the page displays now but with the default settings and not the previously customized configuration. All of the custom CSS input is gone and now my site is once again non functional.

In the last few lines of the log file it shows as the restore being successful:
    0004.308 () Moving old data: filesystem method / updraft_dir is potentially possible
    0004.308 () Moving old data: can potentially use wp_filesystem method / -old
    0004.308 () Moving old data out of the way…
    0004.504 () Top-level entities being moved: Avada-Child-Theme, Avada, twentyseventeen, index.php
    0004.508 () Moving unpacked backup into place…
    0004.714 () Top-level entities being moved: Avada-Child-Theme, Avada, twentyseventeen, index.php
    0004.719 () Cleaning up rubbish…
    0004.727 () Restore successful!
    0004.727 () Restore successful

I verified the files were from the previous backup but yet none of the settings are there. I don’t understand what the backup is doing if it is not able to restore the information back to it’s original state. I did not restore the database as it is in tact and I don’t want restore changes in the DB just the lost theme settings. Any assistance would be appreciated as I’ve all but given up hope for Updraft plus for being a viable backup solution for my website.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Googling for similar issues (with Avada generally, i.e. not just UD) appears to show that this is a not-infrequent problem with Avada. It’s possible that they’re storing the data in some unusual format that depends on the site URL, but as it’s a proprietary theme, I can’t immediately test that. Though, having said that, I think it’s a reasonably popular theme, and we can’t find other reports on a quick search of our help system, so it doesn’t appear to be a previously encountered issue. The advice given on their support forums appears to be to use the ‘export settings’ function built into their theme on the source site, followed by the ‘import settings’ function on the destination site. So, I’d suggest doing that. If you are able to share a copy of the theme for testing purposes so that we can investigate further how it stores its settings, then please do so using this form: https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

David

Damien Lanza
    Participant

Hi David,
    I submitted the form requested above with an attachment of the theme I’m using. Please let me know your findings.

Thanks

Damien

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Avada theme restored but lost all custom settings and CSS’ is closed to new replies.