Backup does not start at set time

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup does not start at set time

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Dee Nutbourne.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

I’ve set my backups to run daily at 00:05 yet it runs at random times? Am I missing something here ? using version 2.14.4.22 on wp 4.9.4

Thank you

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

The scheduled backups cannot always be completely accurate, as it relies on the WordPress scheduler (which only runs when the site is loaded into memory). So it makes a ‘best attempt’.

How different are the times that backups are taken, compared to the configured schedule?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Frank
    Participant

Hi David,

The last 6 backups started at 09:12 , 01:05 , 01:00 , 08:47 , 13:50 , 08:11 not really around 00:05

I’d like it to backup well outside Brussels business hours.

Thank you!

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you send us some of the most recent backup logs?
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

You can also set the post to private if you prefer.

Best Wishes.
    David N

Frank
    Participant

I have setup everything from scratch; will send you the logs in 10 days or so so that you have some history.

You stated that it depends on the WordPress scheduler (which only runs when the site is loaded into memory) ; when is the site loaded into memory ? When it gets visitors or how exactly should I understand that ?

Thx

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

The scheduler should run when the site gets a visitor (frontend or WP Admin), if approximately 5 minutes has passed since the last run.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup does not start at set time’ is closed to new replies.