Backup Exclusions not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paulirvine
    Participant

Hoping there is an easy fix to this one guys, this is driving me nuts.

(Uploads) Exclude these: backup*,*backups,backwpup*,wp-clone,backupbuddy,backupbuddy_backups,pb_backupbuddy

wp-content Exclude these: upgrade,cache,updraft,backup*,*backups,backupbuddy_backups

However, backupbuddy directory STILL causing issues, here is two messages I receive:

Warning: A very large file was encountered: home/wp-content/uploads/backupbuddy_backups/backup-pirvine_com_home-2015_08_09-07_37pm-full-q0h3v7r1sa.zip (size: 427.5 Mb)

Warning: A very large file was encountered: home/wp-content/uploads/backupbuddy_backups/backup-pirvine_com_home-2015_06_26-01_43pm-full-vmj5npvbvx.zip (size: 943.3 Mb)

So I’m telling UpdraftPlus to exclude these, yet they’re still being included in the backup, resulting in horrendously large files.

Help please?
    Thanks,
    Paul.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

The path given isn’t part of that site’s “uploads” hierarchy – it’s part of the uploads hierarchy of a secondary WP website which is in a subdirectory ‘home’ within the first WP website. As such, you want to exclude “home” from the WP core backup, because presently you’re backing up a second site (which would be better to do from within that site).

David

paulirvine
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply udadmin,

It’s the scenario of this WP site being in public_html.

I thought that updraftplus would only backup normal WP related directories and ignore the others unless otherwise specified?

If I’ve misunderstood this, it would explain some other similar issues I’ve had on other sites :)

Thanks,
    Paul.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Paul,

If you are backing up the WordPress Core files, UpdraftPlus will backup anything that it finds in the WordPress root directory. In this case, this includes the other site directories.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup Exclusions not working’ is closed to new replies.