Backup failing at the DB stage

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

I’ve been using Updraft for some time and it has always been great. However, recently backups started to fail. I have included a Dropbox link to the logfile.

All plugins are up-to-date, and I have flushed the W3 Total Cache and restarted Apache just in case.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wc9xlm78pdajeuf/log.ac51d49525f6.txt?dl=0

Nick
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thank you for sending us the log.
    The log shows:
    “0016.633 (0) [Warning] Table wp_14_cpd_counter has very many rows (159002) – we hope your web hosting company gives you enough resources to dump out that table in the backup If not, you will need to either remove data from this table, or contact your hosting company to request more resources.”

Yes, it appears that the server resources has already reached its limit. UpdraftPlus has been designed to be dependent on your server resources so ask your host if they are able to increase the resources on your server.

Then could you try to reduce the backup archive split size. This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files.

To do this, open the ‘expert settings’ section of the UpdraftPlus Settings tab, and find the ‘split backups every’ option. Set this to 25Mb save your settings and run a new process.

If the issue persists, please ask your hosts/server admin to investigate their PHP error logs. These logs should contain more information on the exact issue that is causing the backup process to halt.

Regards,
    Bryle

Nick
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

Thank you for getting back to me. It seems a plugin, Count Per Day, is responsible. I will take measures to reduce the table size.

Regards,
    Nick

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I notice that the time in between each line being logged, on the resumptions, is unexpectedly high. I cannot reproduce that in the attempts I’ve made using a test site with a very high number of tables, but a second person reported a log with the same thing in today, so I’d like to get to the bottom of it.

Would it be possible to have a login on your site in order to be able to tweak the logging to gather more data and see what happens? If so, then please publish as a “private” reply; this means that only UpdraftPlus staff will be able to see it.

David

Nick
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    udadmin
    Keymaster
    udadmin
    Keymaster
    Nick
    Participant
    udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I don’t have any further suggestions for phpMyAdmin, but, working with another customer with a similar problem, we’ve found the reason for the issue in UpdraftPlus. It is now resolved in the just-released version 2.16.34; please update, and all should be well.

Thank you,
    David

Nick
    Participant
    udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Great, thank you. Please can you clarify what in particular “the resumption issue” is?

David

Nick
    Participant
    udadmin
    Keymaster

That’s the thing that’s been fixed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup failing at the DB stage’ is closed to new replies.