Backup fails

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

Hi there,

for some weeks now my backups fail and I don’t really understand why. The connection to SFTP works, so that’s not the reason.
    I’d send you the log file but I don’t know how to do that without having it publicly out in the internet.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Regards
    Jamie

Webmaster
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the latest full backup log?

This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Regards,
    Bryle

Webmaster
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

The log shows:
    “0345.323 (0) PHP event: code E_WARNING: ftp_login(): Login incorrect (line 787, wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/sftp.php)”

Can you ensure that FTP is setup properly please? Please see FAQ on how to check your FTP/SFTP if not working – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/ftp-credentials-working-shall/

And also could you try to reduce the backup archive split size. This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files.

To do this, open the ‘expert settings’ section of the UpdraftPlus Settings tab, and find the ‘split backups every’ option. Set this to 25mb, save your settings and run a new process.

You can check this video on how to split archive here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yuXojgUBY.

Regards,
    Bryle

Webmaster
    Participant

Hi
    It’s working again!
    I switched from FTP to SFTP and now it’s working again.
    Thanks for your help!

Regards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup fails’ is closed to new replies.