Backup from UpdraftCentral not working

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup from UpdraftCentral not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    mind-the-gap.nl
    Participant

I want to update several sites at same time and a backup first. The backup fails due connection error. I checked the connection and all methodes succeed. There is a connection however because I can see all the plugins in Central when I click plugin in the menu. A list of all the plugins from all the sites which have to be updated. When I mannualy make a backup from the website itself it works. The error in central is a connection error. I changed the php to 7.3 no result.

Can someone help me out?

mind-the-gap.nl
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

May I know the exact error message you are getting when updating the plugins please?

Thanks,
    Bryle

solowiz
    Participant

I have this exact same issue – seen the last couple of days at least. I can see the plugins and backups, and can reach the WP Dashboard, all through my self-hosted Updraft Central page, but when I attempt to “show updates”, either for all or individually, I get this error:

`Error
    There was an error in contacting the remote site. You should check that the remote site is online, is not firewalled, has remote control enabled, and that no security module is blocking the access. Then, check the logs on the remote site and your browser’s JavaScript console. If none of that helps, then you should try re-adding the site with a fresh key.

Go here for help in trouble-shooting connection issues

Follow this link to test alternative connection methods’

I am also unable to add a new site.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have already checked that there are no firewall or any security module from your server that is blocking the connection?

Thanks,
    Bryle

mind-the-gap.nl
    Participant

I can confirm there is no firewall or any other security module active.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to ask if you are using the UpdraftCentral Cloud or self-hosted?

Thanks,
    Bryle

mind-the-gap.nl
    Participant

I use the Updraft Vault I guess that is the same.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

I can see that you have UpdraftCentral Cloud.
    Are you able to share access to your account so I can check first hand, please?
    Please mark your reply as private as well or you can sent a new ticker using this form.

Thanks,
    Bryle

mind-the-gap.nl
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Sure, no problem at all.
    Just let us know when you have the time.

Thanks,
    Bryle

solowiz
    Participant

I disabled my security plugin BPS Pro and I think there is a conflict there.

solowiz
    Participant

Or maybe not. I re-enabled it and the Updraft Central page was still working. Yesterday I disabled all plugins except this one, and everything worked. I re-enabled one at a time and it was still working when they were all enabled. Cache maybe.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Yes, security and caching plugins can also cause conflict with UpdraftPlus and UpdraftCentral.
    Glad you were able to figure out what was causing the issue.

Thanks,
    Bryle

solowiz
    Participant

It’s working now, even with security and cache enabled on both the dashboard site and child site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup from UpdraftCentral not working’ is closed to new replies.