backup takes way too long

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joey
    Participant

For some reason, my website files are being backed up daily from start to finish regardless of whether the file has been changed or not?
    this is causing a lot of load on my website, response time, IO and thus my server is continuously rejecting UPdraft request until the IO is lowered which causes the backup to take up to 3 hours?
    Is there a way to only back up newer files?
    Is there a way to create a separate schedule for different files to be backed up? (e.g backup #1 for only uploads every one week. Backup #2 for files without uploads on daily basis.
    Is there a way to change back up priorities and to lower NICE value to 19 or something, and do you think that will help?
    Thanks

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

I’m afraid that UpdraftPlus is currently unable to take incremental backups. As such, scheduled backups will backup all selected parts of the site.

The plugin also does not currently support multiple backup schedules (except between the database and file backups).

These two features are on our future development list, but we don’t currently have an estimated release date.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘backup takes way too long’ is closed to new replies.