Backup tasks runs for ever

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by udadmin.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KK
    Participant

Hi,

I tried to backup but it was not working.

When i tried complete backup with log, it started working… but finally i was redirected to a blank page and backup stoped (in the log)

When i checked in updraftplus backup page, the backup was running forever…

[img]https://screencast.com/t/XonObcgc7[/img]

No progress in the log file as well…

How to get it working?

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Is the WordPress scheduler functional on that site? If it’s showing a “next resumption” which is very far in the past, then it seems like the WP scheduler is not firing. Use the free plugin “WP Crontrol” to confirm whether your scheduled tasks are running or not.

David

Frederick
    Participant

I have this same problem. I am using Godaddy’s WordPress managed hosting. If I use the WP Control plugin and find a problem, what do I do then???

This was working fine until I attempted a manual backup right around midnight (within seconds of midnight). Then I started to the the (negative) countdown for the next rertry — going more and more negative.

Fred

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Frederick,

Crontrol will show you a list of tasks registered with the WordPress scheduler, and the times that they are due to run. If you have tasks that are due to run in the past, and have not run, then this shows that the scheduler is not working.

This page also has useful information about the scheduler, if it is broken and how to fix it: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/my-scheduled-backups-and-pressing-backup-now-does-nothing-however-pressing-debug-backup-does-produce-a-backup/

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup tasks runs for ever’ is closed to new replies.