Backup to Amazon S3 Hanging while Saving backup status to database

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup to Amazon S3 Hanging while Saving backup status to database

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    steve147
    Participant

Hi All.

Is anyone seeing this problem. Backup starts, zips created, then hangs when Saving backup status to database (elements: 8). Several resumptions attempts occur over a period of time but there is no progress.

Any clues?

Andrew
    Participant

Yep, I just encountered the exact same thing on two different sites running 2.13.10.22. I was just trying to do a database backup, no files at all. Was set to back up to S3 as well, though it didn’t even get to the point of trying to upload.

I uninstalled, and reinstalled 2.13.9.22 and it worked just fine.

steve147
    Participant

Yes. Confirmed that it seems to be a problem with the new version. I did a full backup on another site which completed successfully, updated the plugin to 2.13.10.1. did another full backup which failed as before trying to save backup status to database.

steve147
    Participant

Rolled back plugin. 1.13.9 works fine. 1.13.10 does not.

steve147
    Participant

Rolled back to 2.13.7.0. Backup works fine but, in order to install my premium migration feature I need to update the plugin and I get 2.13.10.1 which doesn’t work. Buggger. I need to migrate from a test site to a new production site and can’t because of this bug.

Any ideas anyone?

Do support staff monitor this forum? If so, can you please fix the plugin ASAP, or roll back to a version that works and supports migration. :)

aporter

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for reporting the problem, we apologise for the issue and any inconvenience caused, the issue has been resolved and a new version 2.13.11 should be available for download shortly. The version with the above problem 2.13.10 has now been removed and should no longer be available for download so your migration should now work.

Best Wishes,

Ashley

steve147
    Participant

Yep. New version is now available for update and it works. I can migrate again. Thanks for the rapid fix UpdraftPlus. :)

Andrew
    Participant

Awesome – thanks for the super-fast response on this! :)

(And to be clear: I wasn’t being sarcastic — you apologized for a delay, but actually replied within 4 hours with a fix already in place. That’s really impressive.)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup to Amazon S3 Hanging while Saving backup status to database’ is closed to new replies.